Tuesday 24 April 2012

My Kids and their internet world

The Internet can be a wonderful resource for kids. They can use it to research school reports, communicate with teachers and other kids, and play interactive games but I have four different stories about my kids. I have four kids, Fathehah, Fathullah, Fathirah and Faqhihah. They have their own point of view about internet. My eldest daughter usually used the internet to get information about her school work especially when she needs to do a folio. My son usually used the internet for games same goes to my youngest one, but they played a different kind of games between two of them. My third daughter used the internet very seldom. I guess she always get a least chance amongst the other three. But one thing that I can very sure all of them definitely have their own facebook account. Whatever it is, I am glad because my kids are also an IT savvy. Actually I am impressed with their creativity. Fathehah was very creative in doing her folio for her school. She can even teach to the other three when they also need to do the same thing. On the other hand my son was very creative in combining pictures and building up his own profile through his facebook. I can’t even think that he was that creative until I cannot recognize his work. Fathirah was also creative on her own way but she seldom show it to us but through her facebook I can tell she is also have her own creativity but as I mentioned earlier due to her limitation to get into the internet due to the busy traffic by the other three in the house, she always step back. Faqhihah would have a great story about the internet. She really likes internet games especially ‘cooking games for girls’. I have seen her many times with her cooking games. I am sure she had fun with a colorful background on the games. She also used goggles search especially when she wants to know something from her school books that she do not understand. I always seen Fathirah and Faqhihah used the goggles search to search photo such as about different types of house in Malaysia, they search about bird’s name, etc. They also can check their exam results through the website: http://saps.moe.gov.my/ibubapa2/index.php.
Internet was really helps them in their school work. Internet I would say was their encyclopedia.
Whatever it is, I will make sure that all of them will not go in to the wrong website. I always control their usage of the computer. The computer had been set with a password to on it on. My kids do not have an idea what is the password. The reason why I did that because I want them only can use the computer during my present in the house so that I can monitor them.
No matter how good or creative they are in using the internet, I belief their behavior in their internet world still need to be monitor and parenting control are very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment